- Get a team together. Pick your fundraising activities and assemble a small team of denim helpers. Print extra posters and stickers from our website and don’t forget to collect some money bags from the bank.
- Shout about your day. Set up your JustGiving page for your workplace it will allow colleagues to donate and give more at no cost to them by ticking the Gift Aid box.
- Use the email template in your toolkit. This gives colleagues all the details they need
- Be social. Your Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn accounts are all brilliant tools for spreading the word, so be a good deed influencer! Oh, and remember to follow us too!
- Let the local media know about your day. Find a press release in your toolkit.
The Big Day
- Wear jeans, change lives! Feel proud that your organisation is making a difference to some of the most severely disabled children in the UK
- Collect donations. Remind colleagues about your Just Giving page. If you are using the collection box, ask adults to complete the GiftAid form. We will get an extra 25% from government.
- Be loud and proud. Don’t forget to Tweet us and share your photos on Facebook and Instagram! We want to see you decked out in all your denim glory. Use #jeansforgenes
After The Day
- Round it up and make the payment. Remind staff about your JustGiving page in case anyone has forgotten to donate or take your cash and completed giro slip to a branch of Barclays bank or click our donate button for more options.
- Thank everyone for taking part. You have improved the lives of some of the 500,000 children in the UK affected by a genetic disorder. Proudly display the Thank You certificate we will send you.