Just like school, we have a few rules (these Rules) which you’ll need to know and follow whenever you enter a competition run by us, the promoter, Genetic Disorders UK (also known as “Jeans for Genes”) (registered charity number 1141583) of PO BOX 872, Haywards Heath, RH16 9QJ (Promoter).
These Rules include details about how to enter the Competition, opening and closing dates, prize details, and anything else the Promoter thinks you may need to know about entering the Competition. These Rules will apply to the Competition and by entering the Competition, you promise to follow and be bound by these Rules (which may be amended or varied at any time by Promoter with or without notice) and by Promoter’s decisions, which are final in all matters relating to these Rules, the Competition, the draw and/or the results and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
So be sure to get your parents/guardians to read and discuss these Rules with you.
- First things first…before you enter the Competition, please get your parent’s/guardian’s permission to enter the Competition.
WHO CAN ENTER?
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
- You must be aged 17 (seventeen) or under to enter the Competition.
- You must live in the UK and attend a UK school in order to enter the Competition. The prize can only be sent to a school with a UK address so if you have moved school somewhere outside the UK after entering the Competition, your Entry will not be valid.
- You are not allowed to enter the Competition if your parents/guardians or family members are employees of Promoter, any other company associated with the Competition (including Warner Brothers) or their respective associated companies or agents. In these Rules, “family members” includes mother, father, brothers or sisters.
- The Competition opens for entries at 9am on Monday 8 June 2020 (the Opening Date) and ends when the Competition closes at 5pm on Monday 5 October 2020 (the Closing Date). The period between the Opening Date and Closing Date is referred to as the Promotion Period.
HOW TO ENTER
- If you want to enter the Competition, you or your parent/guardian will need to:
- go online to https://www.jeansforgenesday.org/bugscomp to download and print the design template;
- use the template to design your own pair of Bugs Bunny jeans (the Design); and
- send your Design via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to include your personal details in the email
- , including without limitation the name and address of the school on whose behalf you are entering the Competition (the School)
during the Promotion Period, and together (a) – (c) above shall be an Entry.
- In order to be valid your Design must:
- not contain branding or logos;
- not infringe any third parties’ intellectual property rights;
- not copy or plagiarise any other Entries;
- not be rude, obscene, defamatory or unsuitable for children and/or Promoter’s purposes.
Promoter in its sole discretion shall determine whether a Design is valid.
- Entries received after the end of the Promotion Period will not be valid. Promoter is not responsible if your Entry gets lost, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, damaged or if you have technical problems trying to enter the Competition.
- Please take care when entering the Competition to ensure that we have your correct details. Any Entries which contain invalid Designs, or are incomplete and/or can’t be read clearly will not be valid and won’t be entered for the Competition.
- Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person.
- There is one (1) prize to be won in the Competition (the Prize) provided by Warner Bros., to be sent directly to the School nominated in the winning Entry.
- The Prize consists of the following, printed with your school’s name:
- 35 x Looney Tunes soft touch notebooks
- 35 x Looney Tunes tote bags
- 35 x Looney Tunes stationary tins
- The Prize is as stated and cannot be exchanged or transferred. No cash alternatives will be offered.
- If Promoter is unable to provide the stated Prize or any part thereof, Promoter has the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. The Prize is subject to additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier.
- All valid Entries received during the Promotion Period will be judged by a panel consisting of judges from Promoter and an independent judge (the Panel). The winning Entry will be the Entry that the Panel deem the most creative and imaginative from all valid Entries received.
- The winning Entry will be selected by the Panel and the Winner notified no later than Monday 19 October 2020. The Prize will be sent out to the School within 8 weeks of notification.
- Promoter may request a written agreement from each winner’s parent/guardian that the corresponding winner complies with these Rules before sending out the Prize for the Competition.
- Promoter has the right to choose an alternate winner if:
- the winner does not comply with these Rules or Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that the winner has broken a Rule; or
- Promoter cannot contact the winner within a reasonable time after the Closing Date; or
- the winner’s parents/guardians or School do not (i) agree to these Rules; (ii) want to receive the Prize; or (iii) give their consent as may be requested by Promoter within a reasonable time; or
- if the winner does not accept the Prize within any specified time period.
- Promoter reserves the right to cancel this Competition at any stage prior to the Promotion Period or to shorten the time for entering the Competition during the Promotion Period, if Promoter thinks it is necessary in its reasonable opinion, or if circumstances arise which are out of Promoter’s control. If the time for entering the Competition is cut short during the Promotion Period, the winners shall be selected in accordance with these Rules from all eligible Entries received prior to such termination date.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS IN THE ENTRIES
- In consideration of the right to submit an Entry and be in with a chance of winning the prizes, you:
- irrevocably agree that all rights, titles and interests to all intellectual property rights in the Entry (including copyright and design rights) shall belong and be assigned (with full title guarantee) to Promoter absolutely worldwide (both present and future) in perpetuity;
- agree that Promoter may use the Entry in all media throughout the world in perpetuity as Promoter in its sole discretion deems fit, including without limitation, showing the Entry on the web and/or on TV;
- grant and confirm (and your parent/guardian grants and confirms) to Promoter every consent under the present and future laws of every jurisdiction that may be required by Promoter to make the fullest use of an Entry;
- waive all moral (including paternity) rights in the Entry; and
- irrevocably agree that the consideration shall be a full payment for the right to exploit the rights assigned under these rules and includes an equitable pre-payment for the right to exploit all lending and rental rights.
- All changes to these Rules will be posted in revised terms and conditions on jeansforgenesday.org/spongebobcomp
- All Entries become our property and will not be returned.
- Promoter will not be liable to you for any delays or failure (whether in whole or in part) in carrying out its obligations in respect of the Competition due to circumstances beyond Promoter’s reasonable control. You will be solely responsible for any costs incurred by you as a result of such delays and/or failures.
- Promoter will not be liable to you for any loss or damage however it was caused (including without limitation in contract, tort or statutory duty) in connection with the Competition and/or prize, other than death or personal injury caused by Promoter’s (and/or its employees’) negligence.
- By entering this Competition you agree that Promoter may use, in any and all media throughout the world forever as Promoter in its sole opinion sees fit, your name, likeness, photographs and/or recordings, biographical information, any statement made by you, and your Entry to the Competition without payment or further consent if you are declared a winner. Promoter may also require you to take part in such publicity (which may include taking your photograph, filming you or recording your voice) without payment or further consent and such publicity will be owned by Promoter forever for use throughout the world as Promoter sees fit.
- Personal information collected from entrants will be used by Promoter solely in connection with the Competition and will not be disclosed to any third party except for the purpose of operating the Competition and fulfilling the Prize where applicable.
- If you would like to know who’s won the Prize for this Competition, please send a stamped addressed envelope to Promoter at the above address marked “Jeans for Genes: Bugs Bunny competition” within 60 days of the Closing Date of the Competition and we will send you the winner’s name and their home county.
- The rules in respect of the Competition are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and if there are any disputes the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction.